Monday 10 November 2014

November update


It's a while since I last posted, so I thought I would share a picture of a cushion I have made recently, using a piece of fabric woven in wool (mostly), with machine knitted borders in the same fibres that I used in the weaving.

The result is lovely, the 20" square cushion.  When fulled and stitched together, with 'snap fastener' tapes sewn into the enclosure, it has been a success, a method I shall repeat.  A small fairisle band was incorporated into a border, outlined in a pick-up technique of dark brown wool like a piping roll.  The resulting fabrics is lovely and soft.

The reverse side
The reverse side is equally interesting with different bands of weaves running across the panel.

I have done a lot of spinning, with occasional dyeing sessions, producing some very interesting colours. 

Knit and Stitch show, Harrogate, is coming up at the end of this month, so another boost to the enthusiasm in these dull autumn days.

I should add, that I have completed the HNC textiles course at Bradford, Graduation is at the beginning of December.

I will post some more soon (promise...!!), as I have a lot of projects on the go, with some interesting developments in my search for local and interesting fleece to process for spinning.  Machine knitting too, is taking an upturn, with interest from enthusiasts in this area.


No comments:

Post a Comment