Wednesday 4 June 2014

The last lap...


The final collection
 
Conclusion is fast approaching of a two year exciting trip along 'learning lane'.  Samples are woven, final pieces prepared and ready for showing, and my head is buzzing with last minute things to do.

Here is a picture of the final collection.

Block weave.
The feathers pattern is more clearly seen on the left.

A thick fringe borders the throw which is in gold, rust, dark brown, black and grey bits picked out here and there.

The black cushion below is a chevron designed pattern, using the same warp as the above cushion but threaded in a point draft.


Black chevron cushion
(Yes, it took some doing, especially when faced with a lovely block weave I'd just used, and then I pulled it back through the heddles and re-threaded.)  Cashmere was used in the borders and some of the alternate warp threads re-threaded in brilliant yellow Cashmere.  The result is quite striking.

White rectangle cushion
 
I have some warp left on both my looms, this is for 'playtime' when I let caution to the wind and attempt weaves just for fun, just to see what bizarre weave structures I can create. 

Next....,
        .....well, 'Woolfest' beckons!  My favourite date in the calendar.

Family have been neglected so I must visit them.  The garden is in a mess - partly due to all the rain and mostly because I've been giving weaving all my attention...., and the house needs cleaning throughout following building work now completed.  No time to get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment